Wednesday, February 1, 2012

In Ten Hours


In ten hours, my classroom will be bubbling and bursting with the cacophony of the first day excitement. The parents will be hovering and chatting nervously, still not quite assured of who this person is charged with leading their child through a year of learning.

In ten hours, I, the teacher in question, will be (also) nervously chatting, anxiously wondering what I have forgotten! After 23 years, there is still no recipe for confidence for me. There will be little rest tonight and I will toss and turn, making mental lists and reminders for myself until the alarm announces that the ten hours are almost past.

In ten hours, my class and I will begin the journey. Where we arrive, who knows? We only know that in just over 10 months, this day will be long forgotten by most of us, but hopefully the deep imprint from the learning with remain forever.

I can't wait. Ten hours to go...!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! I hope your first day goes swimmingly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excited to read about how wonderful your first week back went. Today marks the halfway point in my school year. It's a great place to be surrounded by so much learning and growth.

    ReplyDelete